Dining In at Ruthven House and Holiday Cottages
We are delighted to be able to offer our guests what we hope is a culinary experience in the luxury of our Guest Dining Room, for up to 10 people. We request a minimum of 48 hours notice as all our ingredients are ordered in fresh and would ask you advise us of any allergies or specific dietary requirements.
The sample menu below is just to give you an idea of the dishes we produce but if you have any particular favourites please do just let us know.
Bookings for 6 or more people, please choose from 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts. For bookings of less than 5, it would be helpful if you could select from 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 desserts. Bookings for two people, we request you choose the same dishes.
Please note we do not cater for children under the age of 16 years in the main house.
- Pan Seared Scallops with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes and Parma Ham £8.50
- Smoked Mackerel Pate, Pineapple Chutney & Salad £6.00
- Smoked Haddock Chowder with Homemade Chunky Bread £6.50
- Avocado & Hot Smoked Salmon Timbale in a Lime & Coriander Dressing £7.50
- Butternut Squash Soup £5.00
- Cream of Broccoli Soup £5.00
- Cream of Mushroom Soup £5.00
- Courgette & Pea Soup £5.00
- Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Salad £5.00
- Poppadoms served with spiced onions (you don’t have to have the curry dish to have these!) £4.00
- Venison in a Redcurrant and Port Cream Sauce £16.95
- Halibut with a Cream Vermouth Sauce £18.50
- Seafood Linguine £17.50
- Baked Cod with Red Pesto and a Courgette & Walnut Salad £14.95
- Hunan Tiger Prawns (spicy Thai Sauce with Pak Choi and Peppers) £14.95
- Cod Caponata (Griddled Cod with an Aubergine, Tomato & Olive Sauce) £15.95
- Seafood Trio or Hand Dived West Coast Scallops, Rollmop Herring & calamari served with Aioli, Salad or Chips £17.50
- Chicken and Chorizo Paella £15.00
- Butter Chicken Masala, served with Rice and Naan Bread £15.00
- Chicken Chilli Tikka Masala, served with Rice and Naan Bread £15.00
- Chicken, Asparagus & Pea Risotto £15.00
- Chicken and Leek Pie £13.95 pp
- Lasagne £13.95
- Onion Bhaji Burger with Curried Coleslaw and Hand Cut Chips £13.95
- Baked Goats Cheese on a bed of Puy Lentils and Seasonal Green Vegetables £12.95
- Steak & Guinness Pie (minimum order of 2 people) £13.95 pp
- Beef Stifado £15.00
- Haggis Neeps & Tatties £12.00 (Probably Scotland's finest dish!)
- Steamed Marmalade Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream £6.95
- Chocolate Torte with Home Made Mango Ice Cream £7.50
- Lemon Fudge Cake with Blueberries £5.95
- Raspberry Meringue Roulade £5.50
- Sticky Toffee Pudding £5.95
- Fruit Salad £5.00
- Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Seasonal Fruits (Minimum order 4 people) £6.50
- Scotch Mist (cream, meringues and whisky!) £5.00
- Scottish Cheese Board with Oatcakes, Grapes & Chutney £8.50
Tea, Herbal Tea or Coffee £2.00
Bespoke Dining Experiences
We have lovingly created this extensive menu for your Ruthven House dining experience, we would be delighted to chat to you about your requirements.
Please feel free to download our menu to share with your guests.
To book or to discuss further simply contact us, we would love to hear from you.
Fiona & Colin